Contextually Aware Spaces in ThreatConnect® are analytic panes that run and display multiple apps for use with a particular Indicator or Group in a single, convenient place. They are a powerful enrichment tool tailored to automate and improve the way users work with specific Indicator or Group types and provide a way to work with favorite third-party tools and products to bring their capabilities directly into ThreatConnect.
NOTE: Contextually Aware Spaces are used with apps that apply only to a specific type of Indicator or Group. They are accessed via the Spaces tab on the Details screen for an object. ThreatConnect also has System Spaces that are used with apps that can be applied across ThreatConnect. They are accessed via the SPACES option on the top navigation bar.
NOTE: To add an app to Spaces, a System Administrator needs to install the app. In addition, other apps can be found in the Analytic Apps screen of ThreatConnect Exchange: https://app.threatconnect.com/auth/exchange.xhtml.
- On the top navigation bar (Figure 1), place the cursor over BROWSE and then over INDICATORS or GROUPS. Click on an object (ADDRESS Indicator is selected for this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details flyout for that entry will appear (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner of the flyout, and the Details screen will appear (Figure 4). Alternatively, hover over the object's entry in the table and click on the Details icon that appears on the right side of its Summary cell to go straight to the Overview tab of the Details screen.
- Click on the Spaces tab, and the Spaces screen will appear (Figure 5).
- Click the + ADD APP button, and the Add Address App window will appear (Figure 6), with a dropdown menu to choose which app to add and a checkbox that allows the app to be added to the Spaces screen of other Indicator types for which the app has functionality.
NOTE: ThreatConnect automatically recognizes what type of Indicator or Group is open and will filter the type of apps that can be added accordingly (Add Address App, Add Host App, etc.).
- Select an app and click the ADD button, and the newly created, contextually aware App will be displayed in the Spaces screen (Figure 7).
- Most third-party integration apps require a secret key or Application Programming Interface (API) token to work. To properly configure the app, click on the pencil icon at the top right corner of the Spaces area for the app, and the Configure App window will appear with various configuration options (Figure 8).
NOTE: The options are dependent on the app chosen.
- After configuring the proper settings, click the SAVE button to save the changes.
- To delete a Contextually Aware Spaces app, click the trash can icon in Figure 7. The Delete App window for the Indicator type will appear (Figure 9).
- Check the Remove app from all Spaces button to remove the app from the Spaces screen of all other Indicator types for which the app has functionality. Click the YES button to complete the deletion of the app.