Multi-environment orchestration allows ThreatConnect® users that have an Environment Server behind a firewall to use their instance to communicate with that server and run applications inside their firewall.
NOTE: System Administrators should refer to the “Multi-Environment Orchestration” section of the ThreatConnect System Administration Guide for instructions on how to create an Environment in a ThreatConnect instance and enable remote execution for Apps. Organization Administrators and higher should refer to Playbook Environments for instructions on how to activate an Environment, download an Environment Server, configure an Environment Server to an Environment, and administer the Environment from within ThreatConnect.
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), click PLAYBOOKS. The Playbooks screen will appear (Figure 2).
- Create a new Playbook or open an existing Playbook. For more information on how to create, open, and use Playbooks, see Playbooks.
- To see if remote execution has been enabled for a Playbook App, click the Menu icon on the top right of the App. If there is an Environment option (Figure 3), then remote execution has been enabled.
- To set up remote execution for an App, choose the Environment option from the menu. The Remote Environment window for that App will appear (Figure 4).
- Choose the environment from which the App is to be executed from the Remote Environment dropdown menu, and then click the SAVE button. The App will now display the Environment icon next to the hashtag icon at the top left corner (Figure 5), which shows that it will execute through the selected remote Environment.
- When the Playbook executes, the Steps list for the execution will display an orange Environment icon next to the Name of each App that has remotely executed (Figure 6).