The app profile feature is a valuable tool for administrators who customize the installation of TC Exchange Spaces apps in ThreatConnect®. A profile serves as a proxy for the app, and users interact directly with the profiled version of the installed app. Decoupling an app from a configuration profile allows the System Administrator to configure multiple profiles of an app and, subsequently, give permissions to different Organizations based on that profile. Moreover, this added level of abstraction allows the same app to be configured to work slightly differently at installation. App profiles allow administrators to customize installed apps in the following ways:
- Set default parameter values for an app
- Assign privileges to different profiles for the same app
- Define setup parameters required by the app
Adding an App Profile
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), hover the cursor over the Settings icon and select Org Settings from the dropdown menu (Figure 2).
- The Organization Settings screen will be displayed (Figure 3).
- Click the Apps tab, and the Apps screen will be displayed in Jobs view (Figure 4).
- Click the vertical ellipsis icon at the top right, and a menu will be displayed (Figure 5).
- Choose the Profiles option, and the Profiles screen will be displayed (Figure 6).
- Click the Add Profile button, and the App Profile window will be displayed (Figure 7). Enter the required information in the fields, and click the Next button. Continue entering information in the subsequent windows, and then click the SAVE button.
NOTE: The Add Profile button will be displayed only if there is an app installed to which a profile can be applied.