ThreatConnect® offers a way for users to vote on whether a piece of intelligence was useful to them or not, which may help team members identify key information that will allow them to take appropriate action. The intelligence on which users may vote are all of the Group types: Adversaries, Campaigns, Documents, E-mails, Events, Incidents, Intrusion Sets, Reports, Signatures, Tasks, and Threats.
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), hover the cursor over BROWSE and then over the GROUPS options. Click on one of the objects (ADVERSARY in this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details flyout for that entry will appear (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner of the flyout, and the Overview tab of the Details screen will appear (Figure 4). Alternatively, hover over the object's entry in the table in Figure 2 and click on the Details icon that appears on the right side of its Summary cell to go straight to the Overview tab of the Details screen.
- At the top right of the screen, vote on the value of the intelligence by clicking on one of the hand icons (Figure 5). Clicking on the Thumb Up icon indicates that the intelligence was accurate and useful. Clicking on the Thumb Down icon indicates that the intelligence was inaccurate, untimely, or irrelevant. When an icon is clicked, it will turn blue and the vote count will appear. Clicking on the icon once more will set the vote count to zero. Note that a user may vote only once on a Group.
- Upon return to the Browse screen, the Group table will display the updated vote count for that particular item in the Thumb Up or Thumb Down column, which reflects the total number of respective up or down votes received (Figure 6). Furthermore, the table can be sorted by number of up or down votes, allowing users to view the items based on the highest or lowest numbers of votes obtained.