ThreatConnect® Spaces create analytic panes that can run and display up to four apps in a single, convenient place. They are a great way to extend the capabilities of the user interface and to work with favorite third-party tools and products to bring their capabilities directly into ThreatConnect.
NOTE: The Spaces discussed in this article are System Spaces that are used with apps that can be applied across ThreatConnect. They are accessed via the Spaces option on the top navigation bar. Contextually Aware Spaces are used with apps that apply only to a specific type of Indicator or Group. They are accessed via the Spaces tab on the Details screen for an object.
NOTE: Before an app can be added to Spaces, a System Administrator must have installed the app. In addition, other apps can be found in the Analytic Apps tab of TC Exchange: https://app.threatconnect.com/auth/exchange.xhtml.
Adding a New Space
The following example demonstrates the configuration of the Batch Import app:
- On the top navigation bar (Figure 1), click on Spaces. The Spaces screen will be displayed (Figure 2).
- Click the + ADD NEW SPACE button, and the Create Space window will be displayed (Figure 3).
- Name: Enter a descriptive name for the Space.
- Layout: Select the desired layout option. These options determine the number and configuration of apps that can run simultaneously in a single view.
- Click the SAVE button.
- App: Select the desired app from the dropdown menu.
- Title: Enter a title for the app.
- Click the SAVE button.
The Spaces option on the top navigation bar also serves as a centrally located menu of installed app profiles. (See Adding App Profiles.) Apps listed in the Spaces menu are called menu spaces. An app must have had an app profile created for it before it can be added as a menu space.
Adding a Menu Space
- Hover the cursor over Spaces on the top navigation bar. Click the Add Menu Space option (Figure 8).
- The Add App window will be displayed (Figure 9).
- Select an app from the Select App dropdown menu, and click the ADD button. The app will now appear under the Spaces option on the top navigation bar as a menu space (Figure 10).
Deleting a Menu Space
- Place the cursor over the Settings icon on the top navigation bar and select My Profile from the dropdown menu (Figure 11).
- The My Profile screen will be displayed (Figure 12).
- Click the Spaces tab, and the Spaces screen will appear with the Central sub-tab selected (Figure 13).
- Click the Menu sub-tab, and a list of all menu spaces will be displayed (Figure 14).
- Click the trash icon for the menu space to be deleted. The Delete App window will be displayed (Figure 15).
- Click the YES button to delete the menu space.