Settings for every ThreatConnect® user account can be configured via the My Profile screen.
Viewing and Editing User Settings
- On the top navigation bar (Figure 1), hover the cursor over the Settings icon and select My Profile from the dropdown menu (Figure 2).
- The My Profile screen will appear (Figure 3).
- From the Overview screen, the following settings can be edited:
- User Name: The user name on the user account.
- First Name: The first name on the user account.
- Last Name: The last name on the user account.
- Pseudonym: The pseudonym of the user. This field can be changed if the System Administrator has checked the Allow Pseudonym Change box in the Organization Information window under the Organizations tab of the Account Settings Screen.
- Job Function: The functional department within the Organization.
- Organizational Role: The job role within the Organization.
- Time Zone: The chosen time zone.
- Summary E-Mail Time: The time at which ThreatConnect will send a notification summary email.
NOTE: Notification priority levels for individual Indicators and Groups can be set on the Details screen for the object. The definitions of the priority levels are configured in the Notifications Center. See Notifications and Following for more information.
- Log Out Interval: The amount of time for which an account can remain inactive before being automatically logged out.
- Receive Post Reply Notification Emails: Users can check the box to receive notifications when other users reply to a comment that they have posted.
- Follow Organization Posts: Users can check the box to follow their own Organization and receive updates and alerts on work they have done with it. They may use the dropdown menu next to the checkbox to set the Notification priority for these alerts. Notification priority levels are configured in the Notifications Center. See Notifications and Following for more information.
- Dark Mode (Beta): Selecting this option will set the current user’s interface to a dark theme, inverting the user interface colors.
NOTE: Only an Organization Administrator or System Administrator can edit the User Name and Pseudonym for a regular user account.
- Type: Use the dropdown menu to select a variable type (KEYCHAIN, TEXT, or FILE). Keychain variables are used to store passwords and other secret data. Text variables are used to hold text values (e.g., user names, URLs). File variables are used to store files (e.g., certificates, private keys).
- Name: Enter a name for the variable.
- Value: Type in the value for a keychain or text variable. For a file, use the + SELECT FILE button to browse to and select a file.
- Click the SAVE button to save the variable.