Groups can be copied from a Community to a default Organization. This action is similar to contributing to a Community, except that it creates a new Group in the default Organization (with associated Tags, Attributes, and Indicators) instead of creating a Group in a Community. Any changes made to the newly copied Group will not affect the original Group. A common use of this function is to work in a Group with organizationally defined Attributes, Tags, and Indicators. The Group can then be contributed to other Communities or shared with other Organizations.
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), place the cursor over BROWSE and then over the GROUPS option. Click on one of the objects (SIGNATURE in this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details window for that entry will appear (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner, and the Overview screen will appear (Figure 4).
- Click the COPY TO MY ORG button, and the Copy Data window will appear (Figure 5). Note that for the COPY TO MY ORG button to be visible, the Allow Data Copy feature must be enabled for this Community.
- If merging with an existing Group, select EXISTING GROUP and enter the Group Name in the text box, which will auto-populate with available possibilities after three characters have been entered.
- If creating a new Group, select NEW GROUP and enter the new Group’s name.
- Copy Attributes? Select Yes to copy the Group's Attributes.
- Include Tags? Select Yes to associate all Tags from the existing Group with the new Group.
- Create Tags That Don't Exist? Select Yes to create any Tags that do not already exist.
- Copy Associated Groups? Select Yes to copy any associated Groups to the Organization. A selection of Group types is listed below this option. Select the Group types to copy. See the “Group Hierarchy and Association Directionality” section in Contributing to a Community or Source for more information about which Groups associated to associated Groups will be copied.