Groups can be copied from a Community to a default Organization. This action is similar to contributing a Group to a Community or Source, except that it creates a new Group in the default Organization (with associated Tags, Attributes, and Indicators, if desired) instead of creating a Group in a Community or Source. Any changes made to the newly copied Group will not affect the original Group. A common use of this function is to work in a Group with organizationally defined Attributes, Tags, and Indicators. The Group can then be contributed to other Communities or shared with other Organizations.
Copying a Group to an Organization
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), place the cursor over Browse and then over the Groups option. Click on one of the objects (Signature in this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details drawer for that entry will be displayed (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner of the drawer, and the Overview tab of the Details screen will be displayed (Figure 4). Alternatively, hover over the object's entry in the table in Figure 2 and click on the Details icon that appears on the right side of its Summary cell to go straight to the Overview tab of the Details screen.
- Click the COPY TO MY ORG button, and the Copy Data window will be displayed (Figure 5). Note that for the COPY TO MY ORG button to be visible, the Allow Data Copy feature must be enabled for the Community.
- If merging with the copied Group with an existing Group in the Organization, select the EXISTING GROUP radio button and begin to enter the name of the existing Group in the Group Name text box, which will auto-populate with available possibilities after three characters have been entered.
- If creating a new Group, select the NEW GROUP radio button. The name of the original Group will auto-populate in the Group Name text box. The name can be modified if desired.
- Copy Attributes?: Select Yes to copy the original Group's Attributes to the copied Group.
- Include Tags?: Select Yes to associate all Tags from the original Group with the copied Group.
- Create Tags That Don't Exist?: This option allows users to determine whether Tags associated with the original Group that do not already exist in the Organization will be created and associated with the copied Group or excluded from the copy operation. This option is available only if Yes is selected for Include Tags?. Select Yes to create any Tags that do not already exist in the Organization. Select No to include only Tags that already exist in the Organization..
- Copy Associated Groups?: Select Yes to copy Groups associated to the original Group to the Organization and associate them to the copied Group. Select the Group types to copy from the checkboxes below this option. See the “Group Hierarchy and Association Directionality” section in Contributing to a Community or Source for more information about which Groups associated to associated Groups will be copied.