Groups can be copied from a Community to a default Organization. This action is similar to contributing to a Community, except that it creates a new Group in the default Organization (with associated Tags, Attributes, and Indicators) instead of creating a Group in a Community. Any changes made to the newly copied Group will not affect the original Group. A common use of this function is to work in a Group with organizationally defined Attributes, Tags, and Indicators. The Group can then be contributed to other Communities or shared with other Organizations.
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), place the cursor over BROWSE and then over the GROUPS option. Click on one of the objects (SIGNATURE in this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details flyout for that entry will appear (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner of the flyout, and the Overview tab of the Details screen will appear (Figure 4). Alternatively, hover over the object's entry in the table in Figure 2 and click on the Details icon that appears on the right side of its Summary cell to go straight to the Overview tab of the Details screen.
- Click the COPY TO MY ORG button, and the Copy Data window will appear (Figure 5). Note that for the COPY TO MY ORG button to be visible, the Allow Data Copy feature must be enabled for this Community.
- If merging with an existing Group, select EXISTING GROUP and enter the Group Name in the text box, which will auto-populate with available possibilities after three characters have been entered.
- If creating a new Group, select NEW GROUP and enter the new Group’s name.
- Click the Next button, and the Data screen will appear (Figure 6).
- Select the appropriate options:
- Copy Attributes? Select Yes to copy the Group's Attributes.
- Include Tags? Select Yes to associate all Tags from the existing Group with the new Group.
- Create Tags That Don't Exist? Select Yes to create any Tags that do not already exist.
- Copy Associated Groups? Select Yes to copy any associated Groups to the Organization. A selection of Group types is listed below this option. Select the Group types to copy. See the “Group Hierarchy and Association Directionality” section in Contributing to a Community or Source for more information about which Groups associated to associated Groups will be copied.
- Click the Next button, and the Security Labels screen will appear with the Exclude radio button selected by default (Figure 7). If the Exclude button remains selected, then the Choose Security Labels dropdown menu is used to select the Security Labels that will determine exclusion for associated Indicators, Groups, and Attributes, where objects with any of the selected Security Labels will be excluded. Selecting the Include radio button causes the Choose Security Labels dropdown menu to be used to select the Security Labels that will determine inclusion for associated Indicators, Groups, and Attributes, where objects with at least one of the selected Security Labels will be included.
- By default, the Copy System-level Security Labels radio button at the bottom of the window will be selected, which will cause only System-level Security Labels that are assigned to associated objects to be copied. Selecting the Choose Security Labels to apply to copied data: radio button will cause three dropdown menus to appear (Figure 8). Use these menus to select Security Labels from the Community to apply to the Group being contributed and its associated objects.
- Click the Next button, and the Save screen will appear (Figure 9).
- Click the SAVE button.