ThreatConnect® allows users to set an Indicator’s Threat Rating and its associated Confidence Rating. The Threat Rating identifies how much of a threat an Indicator represents and is measured on a scale of 0–5 skulls—the higher the rating, the higher the threat. The Confidence Rating is an expression of how confident an owner is that its Threat Rating assessment is accurate, and it is measured on a scale of 0–100. These two rankings are important because they allow users to focus on Indicators that represent the most active and relevant threats to their networks.
- From the top navigation bar (Figure 1), place the cursor over BROWSE and then over the INDICATORS option. Click on one of the objects (HOST Indicator in this example) to display a results table (Figure 2).
- Click on one of the entries, and the Details window for that entry will appear (Figure 3).
- Click the Details icon at the top right corner of the window, and the Overview tab of the Details screen will appear (Figure 4).
- Scroll down to the Details card (Figure 5), click on the appropriate skull to set the Threat Rating, and drag the slider to set the Confidence Rating.
- Changes are automatically saved.